Saturday, May 12, 2012

POST NUMERO 10: "Summerglasses" and "Falò time"!


Ok, so wishes do come true! A few posts ago I wrote how I was “dying” for a Bonfire…and in a very rare occurrence, my wish has come true!
So tonight I am going to a friend's Bonfire…but in honesty I think this is the last time I will use that word…Bonfire…I would rather call it what I know it as…
I enjoy the word for Bonfire so Much better in Italian, falò!
Bonfire = falò
Bonfire = falò
Falò = Bonfire
Commit it to memory

The weather is looking amazing today and there is a breeze…so what am I going to do on this fine Saturday…well firstly I am going to blog (I promised three!), then after that I need to finish spring cleaning (or start), and finally rock out!
Sigh, Saturdays are amazing…

Anyway, I ran out to go food shop (liquor shop)  earlier and saw a friend while walking into the store. I was wearing my normal cloths and I found she was looking at me with mild amusement. My first thought was “Shit, my fly must be down”…but it wasn’t…and my jeans are so ripped that even if my fly was down…it wouldn’t even matter because my crotch is everywhere anyway. So I did what any normal human being would do and asked:
Me: “What the hell are you looking at?!
 To which she replied back…
Her: “Your sunglass…Why are you wearing sunglasses when it is not summer?

Ok I realized two things about this social interaction 1) I remembered why I never kept in touch with this girl and 2) in honesty…I felt more awkwarded out by this then if my zipper had been down.
I am a huge fan of sunglasses! Huuuge fan…I wear them all the time...
I even admit that… at times… I may wear sunglasses at night…I know readers you all just gasped and muttered the word “douchebag” underneath your breath in a disappointed sigh…but In my defense I am European!
Ok, so I may have said the words “I am European” before in this blog but Italians always wear sunglasses or have a pair handy. It is just a thing I am incredibly used to…but anyway…
THE POINT OF SUNGLASSES IS TO WEAR THEM WHEN IT IS SUNNY!...If they were made just for summer…they would be called “summerglasses”…it is in the name SUNglasses…glasses made for sun
Other examples of this “in the name” effect:
-Sunray : a RAY of SUN
-Matchbox: a BOX for MATCHES
-Earring: a RING for an EAR
-HappyHour: an HOUR for VODKA

Examples that don’t really work in the “in a name” effect:
-Horseradish :Radishes made from Horse
-Shuttlecock: An…um…Rooster made from…buses
-Crackpot: A pot of crack

I refuse to squint when it is sunny or when I am driving…and the one thing I can not stand is driving with the visor down…I leave my sunglasses on when I am outside and run in them when I go for jogs around town. They are Sunglasses!...I just can’t live without them.
My main pair of sunglasses are my RayBan classic aviators…I wear them almost everyday…my friends know them well. They have been one of those objects I have kept for years(8 years give or take)  because I love them so much. They are classic me. They have withheld the test of time and when I wear them I feel…for lack of better words…BadAss (I am probably not badass what-so-ever). So RayBan if you are looking for a dedicated fan…and maybe a product tester…cough cough…Matteo is here for you!

Another blog post coming up
Falò here I come!
CHEERS, SALUTE, CHIN CHIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment