Monday, May 28, 2012

POST NUMERO 18: Memorial Day, Spot the Sloppopotamus, and A Game


Happy Three day weekend everyone!!!

Ok so I have not posted in a few days but time to get going again (damn me and my laziness)!! Firstly, I want to thank all the private messengers…some of you subscribers and messengers are really wonderful and I am loving the feedback…others, unfortunately, I despise you with a passion! I especially love reading all the wonderful posts in different languages...keep. them. coming!.

In this post I am basically going to be rambling so buckle up…

Let me set up a scenario readers…
You  enter a party…you are relaxing and having a good time…and suddenly the “Safari” breaks out. The party becomes mostly hormone and alcohol fueled. Everyone is having fun and bonding with close acquaintances as personalities begin to flair and “drink is drank”…The room is filled with levity, you are feeling good, you are having fun…when suddenly…the hunt is on…
This is when my favorite party game begins…a game known as “Spot the Sloppopotamus!”

Readers, I know what your reaction just was, A WHAT?! A HIPPOPOTAMUS?! A WHAAAT?!?! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!!” and I am sure some of you are even going, “I WONDER IF THAT IS LIKE PIN THE TAIL ON THE DONKEY!?!”…

Well readers, “Spot the Sloppopotamus!” is so much better…so…so much better…However in order to understand the game you must first know what a Sloppopotamus is.

Definition:
Sloppopotamus: Noun: a. The “hot mess” of the party  b. The sloppiest drinker and partier in the room  c. The “ship wreck” of partiers  d. the vom-vom-cray-cray-rey-rey
“Wow, after one beer at the holiday party Carol became the Sloppopotamus as she cried, yelled at, and kicked the copy machine”

The word, which was made popular by a certain TV show that sickens me, is basically a wonderful way of describing the individual who becomes “A sloppy drinker.”

Now, don’t deny it, we ALL know that one person or friend who becomes the dreaded “Sloppopotamus”
To help you find out who the Sloppopotamus is here are some helpful reminders, distinguishing facts, and hints:
  • The Sloppopotamus is the person who can be compared to or nicknamed the “Titanic” when drinking.
  • The Sloppopotamus will be the person who drinks till they black out, and are normally falling over and under things. Gravity is a huge enemy of the Sloppopotamus
  • The Sloppopotamus can be the girl or guy that begins slurring words, throwing stuff, and picking fights with both animate and inanimate objects.
  • The Sloppopotamus might become such things as a raging kleptomaniac, racist, a spirit guide, know-it-all, or begin to curse wildly during peaceful conversation.
  • The Sloppopotamus will show a varying amount of emotions with in a short amount of time.
Ok now that you have a general idea of what the “Sloppopotamus” is…this is the game
Can you believe the "Sloppopotamus"  is actually the girl all the way on the right...

SPOT THE SLOPPOPOTAMUS!
Materials: Paper, Pens or Pencils, Imagination, a Raging Fun Time, Drinks, and Good Times all around
Number of People Needed to Play: 1 or more
Ages: Recommended for ages 18 and above
The rules of the game are simple. The key to the game is keeping an accurate score and gaining the most points…The point of the game is simple and the key rule is every time you find, spot, or stumble upon “Sloppopotamus behavior” you gain a point/ mark. The person who spots the most “Sloppopotamus behavior” before the other players wins.
Make sure the people you are playing with add in some bonus pointers to make the game more interesting…some of my go to “bonus” finds are:
-          A Sloppopotamus lighting the wrong end of a cigarette (+4 points)
-          A Sloppopotamus falls asleep standing up (+3 points)
-          A Sloppopotamus begins crying in the corner (+2 points)
-          A Sloppopotamus removes an article of clothing at an incredibly in opportune moment (+2 points)
Have fun with the bonus points…and remember the “Sloppopotamus” is not an endangered species so this game should always be high scoring.

So readers, I challenge you at your next function to play “Spot the Sloppopotamus”…AND readers, because I care about you,  I recommend never actually becoming the Sloppopotamus! Keep it classy!

Anyway this was just a short post on the “Sloppopotamus”…Happy three day weekend everyone! I hope many are enjoying the warm weather and beach around the world.

CHEERS, SALUTE, CHIN CHIN!
Happy and Blessed Memorial Day!

(Hey y’all I’m Kayla and I’m bombing Matteo’s post. He’s Sloppopotamus right now as he’s writing in case you guys were wondering! If he doesn’t proofread...this will make it in! Also since I taught him Sloppopotamus I propose we also start using slutapotomus! Till next time readers! Sto Lat)

^I found this little blurb in the middle of my blog post earlier…my friend Kayla, creator of the above artwork, apparently took advantage of my blog when I was slightly sloshed and not paying attention…

No comments:

Post a Comment