Friday, October 12, 2012

POST NUMERO 26: "The Weekend 3rd Degree" and Enjoy your weekend


Welcome to the weekend everyone!!!! So another week of crap done! Coming up, a much needed fall week end... So, what are everyone’s plans?! Come on…I can’t be the only person that believed it seemed like this was one of those weeks that never ended. What happens now?...How does this work for some... How do weekend plans come to fruition. In my world I rarely have plans and usually leave it up to the universe to provide something. Some might call me “boring”, but, In my defense I know few people who have the extensive arrest record that I have (TAKE THAT BORING!). Anyway, so what to do this weekend... I don't know!
So, this may sound funny...but being that I am a “fly by the seat of my pants” type of guy...or rather, a “fly by the seat of incredibly overprotective strict parents type of guy”, I sometimes have nothing to do! I am sometimes greatly effected by this but other times I can shirk it off… it however takes a new meaning when I am given the “Weekend 3rd Degree” …what is the “Weekend 3rd Degree”...well it has happened to all of us and It is simple to define…

Weekend 3rd Degree: Noun, When someone asks you what you are going to do during the weekend and you are stuck with no response and have to choose between being vague, admitting you have no life, or lying your ass off. I, in honesty, don't know how to deal with people who constantly ask the question, " So, what are you doing this weekend?"
The "Weekend 3rd Degree" happens also when after someone describes their own amazing and untouchable plans and you are left with nothing impressive to rebuttal with

Now this is how the “Weekend 3rd Degree” goes for me

Friend: "So, after I go bungee jumping and cure world hunger I am going to go adopt a neglected koala bear and nurse it back to health…Matteo what fun and exciting thing are YOU doing this weekend?"
Me: " Oh I am going to drink "
Friend: "Oh golly gee…that sounds like fun...what else are you doing?"
Me: "Drinking...."
Friend: "Golly Gee silly, you said that already...what else?"
Me: "Drink my feelings?"


We will call this, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!

It is usually a back and forth type of thing until the other person realizes that I am not joking... or I just turn around silently and walk away...

So, How to deal and live through the “Weekend 3rd Degree”:
1)      Stay calm…no one but you needs to know you have no life…
2)      Be vague… responses like, “Oh, I am going to have a lot of fun…” work wonders…but sometimes this might back fire as the person asking might want details…
3)      Use the switch tactic…send it back to them…As soon as they finish the question reply back, “WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!!”…then casually wait for their response and act like you care by saying things like, “Oh, WOW, that sounds like TONS of fun!!!”
4)      Make something up…who gives a crap…unless you actually have plans or you might run into the person who is asking…make something up!
5)      Honesty might be the best Policy…Admitting you have nothing is the first step…
6)      Just say, “Why?!?” in a abrupt, stand-offish, and defensive manner. Then afterwards say nothing and back out of the room with out losing eye contact and without saying anything else…
7)      Turn it into a pick up line, “Why Girl, you want to get together…”
8)      Scoff and go, “HA, my plans are so much better…” then cause a distraction and get the hell out of there...
9)      Laugh and say, “Me too!”  (this could be awkward being that it might not pertain to you in the least…such as the time my friend said she was going to the Gynecologist and I responded back, ME TOO!)
10)  Kill off a relative….WHAT?!...don’t really do it…but just say you have to go to a funeral…nothing can top a funeral…

So those are just a few ways to combat the “Weekend 3rd Degree”

Anyway, I am sure something will materialize for this amazing weekend...ugh…everyone enjoy the break…

AND REMEMBER OCTOBER IS BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH!...so SPREAD THE WORD AND FIGHT THE FIGHT!!! TALES FROM THE BOTTOM OF A SHOT GLASS IS GOING PINK!!!”


More posts coming soon everyone!
CHEERS, SALUTE, CHIN CHIN!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment