Saturday, June 2, 2012

POST NUMERO 19.52: "The Host", and my Mothers Questioning


Wow, it is only Saturday midday and I have already been out and about! So. I woke up early so I could catch my goddaughters/cousins dance recital…and holy smoley…it was one of the cutest things ever. I was dumbfounded by the cuteness of it all! It was so glittery and adorable…and then the woman sitting next to me ruined it…but she was just a terrible person (I may or may not have gotten into a shouting match with a stranger…)

Ok, so last night I was supposed to go out with friends…Before I was able to leave, the Torre house was invaded with my parent’s friends. Firstly, I enjoy these people so I did not mind that they arrived unannounced and came in with a rush of “fiery italian-ness” and a Panetone (Panetone makes everything better).
As I said…I have no issues with these people what-so-ever…they are some extremely interesting characters and I love when our families get together…my one issue from last night has nothing to do with them…my problem was that my mother left me in charge of being The Host”.
Ok, so the duties of “The Host” are to act charming and stuff…be witty…and whatever. The difficulty is that my mother usually goes off on tangents which provide no help, cause chaos, and make me a horribly nervous person.

Her main technique of doing this is when she says things such as:
“Can you get out the tall cups…but not the heavy ones with the bottoms!”
Or
“Go get that thing from the room” (what room?! what thing?!)
Or my personal favorite
“Matteo, tell them the story about that one time…” (this example is my favorite because usually when my mother says this example, it was an event I was not part of or even knew about)

Anyone have that experience…I would love to hear some of those questions…

Anyway it was there were some crazy conversations and I really like when people invade my house! Anyway tonight I have an outing with some people! Happy Saturday everyone…hope everything is going amazing out in the Cyberland

CHEERS, SALUTE, CHIN CHIN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment