Saturday, June 9, 2012

POST NUMERO 21: Running to Work and No Shirt, Shoes, or Service


So I have not been in the writing mood lately (as you can see by my absence)…I think it is because my summer fever has hit an all time high…the last post was pathetic and I actually am somewhat ashamed at how many Russians I have lost as followers…so “прости меня” Russia!!
Anyway, So today readers I tried a whole “not driving into work because I wanted to save gas and also be healthy thing” AKA “my car was on empty and I have no friends who could have driven me the 4 minutes to work”…So like any “sane professional” I decided to run to school and arrive a sweaty mess.
Ok so running to work had its positives and negatives
Positives:
-I felt like a freaking exercise maniac
-I kept telling myself, “Look at me being all healthy… and Running…stuff”
-I got to school with an abnormal amount of energy
-I woke up this morning and it was sunny so I got to enjoy the weather a little bit more
-I bought myself another day of delaying paying for gas
-I got to rock out to blasting music while running
-If anyone saw me running…it might have been a turn on??? (HAHAHA DOUBT IT!!! I RUN LIKE A MORON)
Negatives:
-My scanty-European-flimsy shorts could be considered “inappropriate for work”
-I had to change clothes when I got to school
-I arrived an angry mess
-I was a sweaty beast upon arrival
-I run on a main road
-I hate running
-I run really funny and I flail
-With no car…I had nothing to cry in, and eat in during my lunch break
-I really hate running

But I enjoyed it…I felt stupid…but I really enjoyed it…
Anyway…NEW THOUGHT

So, it was funny (at least to me)…Today I ran into the grocery store quickly in order to buy some of my necessary items (booze, cigarettes, and of course…toothpaste) and while checking out I saw the very cliché “NO SHIRT, NO SHOES, NO SERVICE” sign. Seriously, I understand that this sign DOES have significance in certain places…but seriously…
ONE, the place I walked into should NOT be that picky…as far as convenience stores go…this one is a dive...
TWO, I don’t really know a lot of people who drive around places and strip off their clothes or are already half naked upon arrival (unless at the beach)
THREE, Ok so I need a shirt, and I need some shoes….but LOOP hole…I don’t need pants
FOUR, I live in an area where it is not very likely to have people walk around half naked (slutty is a different story)…I live in very much the definition of suburbia
FIVE, I repeat…why leave the LOOP hole that is pants...Pants Off, Dance Off

Then being the wise ass I am…I had to ask…”How often do you ACTUALLY have to enforce that rule”…and the employee’s response was…”I never even noticed that sign was there” (the sign was large)

But really, I don’t exactly understand these signs…or maybe I am just not used to them…I feel it is one of those “down the shore”/ ”at the beach type of things”. Having grown up in Italy the signs usually say “Clothing Optional” as opposed to the “No…No…No Service”.
When I was there last I think I only wore a shirt to go out at night and the same for shoes. People were barefoot and shirtless and surrrrre it might not have been proper but people were sure as hell not denied service. It was very liberating…
Same thinking should be utilized down the shore when, believe it or not, people actually walk around with just swim trunks on these signs can be appropriate…but still, I don’t know why I find this concept so hard to wrap my head around. Maybe I just enjoy being half naked…I really enjoy walking barefoot…but those signs just make me think and become confused…It is kind of like when I see “no smoking signs” in illogical places. For example, when I see them in elementary school classrooms...

DAMN IT, I knew I should not have removed that sign....

However, I do take notice of one thing…and in my opinion…(here comes my PSA that contradicts this whole post) shoes are very necessary when walking around in public stores. I see it as a HUGE liability…you would not want to step on anything sharp, harmful, or hazardous. However…the shirt thing…I guess it is a distraction, or a way to negate unfortunate people from being undressed in public?
However a person has dominion over his/her own body…
THAT’S WHY I SAY CONFIDENTLY:  NO SHIRT, NO SHOES, NO PROBLEM!
In fact…lets make a new sign with some bigger issues…when is someone going to create the

NO FOOD, NO ALCOHOL, NO FUN sign

Or my version

NO VODKA,  NO VODKA, NO HAPPYNESS sign


More posts coming soon, I Promise…
FOR NOW

CHEERS, SALUTE, CHIN CHIN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment