Sunday, September 30, 2012

POST NUMERO 33: Music Video Mode


HEY READERS!
So now that it is fall I have been enjoying taking my lunch breaks outside. The weather has been perfect (aka: not hot as hell or cold as fuck).  
So, where I work, my lunch break is 45 minutes long and is a nice chunk of time to just sit outside and relax. I go out onto the lawn of the school…aka the curb by my car…I take only the basics stuff which are my phone, my IPod, and my hostility (I bet half of you thought the word “vodka” would be on this list…but I AM a responsible adult sometimes…HA!) …

Anyway… the only way I can survive the daily onslaught of work is by shoving in ear buds and listening to songs that make me feel like a badass. Songs that convince me I am more powerful than the environment around me. I enjoy going off on my own because when dealing with the job I need to break away from people (especially those who kick, scream, and cry all the damn time)…So this time “away” is when I get into my “Music Video Mode”

Alright, I know readers…What the Hell is “Music Video Mode”?
Ok, “Music Video Mode” is the feeling you get when listening to music in a dramatic or inspirational setting that is reminiscent of something that could be filmed…in simple words…it feels like someone could film you and be like “wow” that looks cool… It is the sense that you get where something is dramatic and a sense of reality fades away. I get this feeling ("Music Video Mode") all the time because I have a wide selection of music that fits into numerous settings and my mind always wanders…plus I think someone has been filming me lately so…maybe I am in a music video…gulp…

Now “Music Video Mode” for me kicks in the most in two different instances:
1)      When I am running. I love “Music Video Mode” when I am running because it makes time pass by quickly and is a great distraction for when I am dying on the ground trying to breath (I am most definitely not the healthiest of people so listening to music also help past the time for the paramedic to arrive). Also “Music Video Mode” happens because I am a VERY dramatic runner. When I run, I act like a fool and air drum and jump over things and act like I am being all bad ass by running on park benches and swinging from tree branches. This also happens when I am walking or strutting my stuff haha…so it just feels very music video appropriate
2)      When I am chilling out with headphones outdoors (such as when I am on my lunch break)


This would be what my CD cover would look like...."Matteo...On a Park bench...At Night" 

Anyways how to have the “Music Video Mode” sensation:
1)      Find the right music and add it to a play list…MY play list has a bunch of CRAP songs on it…bad songs…good songs…great songs…but non-the-less all the songs are ones that I love to listen to. The use of the playlist adds in NO surprise song pop ups. Think of it like this…you don’t want to have to switch six songs in order to get into your groove and ruin the moment…
2)      Find a breeze…Alright it may sound stupid but trust me…the breeze just adds in classiness. Feel the breeze rush through your hair and look into it if you want added drama and intensity.
3)      Find THAT exact point between shade and sun…ya know…that point where the shade meets the sun…for example a leafy pasture or wooded area filled with deer and other cute rodent like creatures
4)      Play with your emotions…we all have crazy ass thoughts running through our minds...driving us crazy…we all have moments like this, right? Moments when we need a hot soundtrack to get us through a tough situation, or a happy one, or that feeling of being bored off your ass? Whatever it is, it calls for the right music to make it better. Think of it as a soundtrack for your life…so put that music on anddddd….
5)      LOOK OUT INTO THE DISTANCE…look out…not at anything…Just look out into the distance and squint…It does not matter if you are looking into the sun itself…let your corneas burn! In fact with the loss of vision and the fact of how your eyes will dry out so quickly from lack of blinking your sense of hearing will heighten bringing the music video experience to life.
6)      When in doubt…dance it out…Feel free to sway and clap and shake it down…

Anyway, just as a warning…you may look like a moron to everyone else around you…but enjoy the feeling!

SO…..
LAST DAY OF SEPTEMBER EVERYONE!!!
More Posts coming soon!
Holidays coming soon!
SUNDAY IS UPON US!!!

Church and Cereal

Cheers, Salute, Chin Chin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment