Monday, April 30, 2012

April 30, 2012



Today, I had new staff training for work…it was a rather intolerable experience as the woman doing the training is…rather interesting and yet not interesting at all…
The trainer is incredibly dull and monotone and when speaking she manages to pronounce every “s” as if she is was a king cobra. She uses incredibly long words for the early morning hours and half of them (from what I can tell) are just the combination of two words she meant to say independently but accidently mashed together (for example when she combined “protection” with “removal” and formed “protomovial”. HOWEVER, She bears a striking resemblance to both Rue McClanahan’s character from Golden Girls, Blanche Devereaux and also Carol Cane…a few more sessions left with training and then I am “certified” staff…but OH WAIT…by then it will be summer and school will be out…YEEEEHAWWW!!!
I did not pay attention. At all. I was too busy humming the “Golden Girls” theme song and also trying not to make eye contact with anyone in the room... 

First thing that popped up when I image searched Blanche Devereaux 


Random Realizations of today:
-Last Day in April means that I successfully survived my first month of my new job.
-Goyte sounds a lot like a combination of Sting, Phil Collins, and the Man who Sung “Call Me Al” (Paul Simon, maybe?)
-I am in desperate want of a vacation with friends
-I want to have a Golden Girls marathon…
-Only the Torre household can turn a calm hobby like gardening into a contact sport
-I am in the mood to learn something new
-I never finished a book I had from over the summer and am just now realizing I want to know the ending!!!
And finally
-Summer is soon upon us

Not sure if I like the Daily Sum up type of thing…nothing really to sum up today…maybe tomorrow I will be a little bit more interesting.
CHEERS! SALUTE! CHIN CHIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment